Twintails Are Cool

The world is filled with a great number of tropes.  The schoolgirl, the badass in the making, and the crazy bitch, are among them and are known and loved by many.  An underrated trope that I happen to like is what I call the twintail girl.

Mikaze of Stratos 4 fame.

What is a twintail girl?  Simply put, it is any anime or manga girl who wears pigtails, twin ponytails, or any cute, symmetrical hairstyles like that.  If you were to ask me why I like twintail girls, quite frankly, it's because they tend to be cute.  From the bitchiest tsundere to the purest loli and everything in between, a twintail girl can be all of those while adding an element of cuteness.

Burst Angel's Amy is a prime example of a twintail loli.

When you watch as much anime and read as much manga as I do, you see a lot of these girls.  Ikkitousen's Ryofu Housen was my first time seeing a twintail girl and I was drawn to her immediately.  She was my favorite anime girl for many years and still remains one of my favorites to this very day.

My first anime crush, the great Ryofu Housen.

Ryofu isn't alone in this.  Twintails usual go on to become the characters I remember most once the anime or manga has ended.  Maka from Soul Eater.  Meilin from Cardcaptors.  May Wong from Kaleido Star.  Wendy from Fairy Tail.  Saya Takagi from High School of the Dead.  Kurumi from School-Live.  Megumi Tadokoro from Food Wars.  And who could forget Mary Saotome from Kakegurui.

I love me some Mary.

Aside from those their hairstyles, there isn't any particular thing about twintail girls that ties them together.  As mentioned before, they don't all have the same personality or archetype.  Heck, they don't even have the same hairstyle most of the time.  They are just...cool.

Will I ever get over twintail girls?  Who knows?  Until then, twintails are cool.  Keep 'em coming, Anime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Hotties: Ikumi Mito

Anime Hotties: Mayumi Nishikino

Anime Hotties: Yaeko Minegasaki