Top 5 Manga I Couldn't Stop Reading

There are manga that I couldn't (or still can't) stop reading.  It's not always that they are good.  In fact, I fell in love with some bad ones.  Good, bad, or whatever, these are five manga that gripped me to the point where I couldn't wait until the next issue came out.

5.  Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)

Say what you will, I like this manga.

Who would have thought that a manga about a gang member turned teacher could be so addictive.  A lot of people in my circle don't like this manga or this character, but I just couldn't get enough.  I read this one well after it end, so I was able to blast through all twenty-five issue in rapid succession.  Even after that, I still wanted more.

4.  Kororo Connect

Seriously, check this one out.  It won't take too much of your time.

The body swapping premise was good and sucked me in.  It was disappointing when the body swapping ended, but I stayed for the characters.  I particularly like Himeko Inaba and how complex she was.  This one is a good, nonviolent manga and with five tidy volumes, it's good for those who like a short series.

3.  Tokyo ESP

Even as tough as these girls are, they go through hell.

Hot action, brutal fights, cute girls with superpowers, and a few cameos make this one a blast to read.  Plus, volume is two issues in one, so the action last a long time.  This one is ongoing and I can't wait for the next volume.

2.  Food Wars

Easily one of the most likeable protagonists in current manga

I.  Love.  This.  Manga.  Not much needs to be said beyond that, but I'll say more anyway.  It's filled with likeable characters, intense cook-offs, and laughs.  This one is nineteen volumes and counting.  If you like cooking, nonviolence, and laughing, this is the manga for you.

1.  Fairy Tail

It's not One Piece, but it's the one I'm riding with.

I've read a lot of behemoth manga.  One Piece, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, even a little Naruto.  This one rises above them all, because this is the only one that has kept me hooked for its duration.  I started reading this one three years ago and sixty volumes later, I'm still reading.  Sixty.  To put that into perspective, that's more volumes than GTO, Kokoro Connect, Tokyo ESP (unless you divide each issue in half), and Food Wars combined, yet I haven't gotten tired of it or taken a break yet.  This is the only behemoth I've read fifty-plus volumes.  Heck, it's the only one I've read for forty volumes.  Only Bleach (which I stopped reading at around volume thirty) came this close to holding my attention this long.  No, it may not be as good as those other behemoths, but it's the only one I'm still reading.

And there you have it.  Good or bad, these are the manga I just can't resist.  Which manga can you just not stop reading?  Feel free to comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Hotties: Ikumi Mito

Anime Hotties: Yaeko Minegasaki

Anime Cuties: The Girls Of Himouto! Umaru-chan